Disclosure: Financial Investigative Media Limited, which is not owned by Tom Winnifrith but by a trust for his dependants, owns shares in companies mentioned in this article. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from ShareProphets). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.
Broker Hybridan has not (yet) published research on Optibiotix (OPTI) following last week's City presentation. But it has sent a private email to certain clients and, put it this way, we are not going to be selling on the basis of what follows. It strikes me that we may see some very big news soon. Hybridan director of Corporate Broking William Lynne states his key takeaways:
1. Discussions with the corporate are progressing and there is now unsolicited interest from other major players. This includes pharma who are looking at combining the OptiBiotix product to support statin use.
2. Following the cholesterol study the product has proceeded to pilot manufacture. The product has also demonstrated the ability to reduce hypertension which was the subject of a recent patent filing. Hypertension (high blood pressure) is a substantive market in its own right.
3. The CSL deal is potentially bigger than the cholesterol product as CSL manufacture for pharma, agriculture, and dairy – all potential users of OptiBiotix products.
4. The company has a deal with KSF, owners of the Slimfast brand, who are looking to put OptiBiotix products on the shelves before the end of the year.
5. The company has de-risked its technology platforms and is now expanding them into new application areas including skin, which could be as big as or bigger than existing opportunities.
6. The company is well funded with £4.3m in cash which it is using to accelerate progress in existing programs and capitalise on a greater number of opportunities it see’s in the microbiome space to build in greater future shareholder value
Key message: Fundamentally the company has strengthened its position in a very exciting space.
Never miss a story.
This area of the ShareProphets.com site is for independent financial commentary. These blogs are provided by independent authors via a common carrier platform and do not represent the opinions of ShareProphets.com. ShareProphets.com does not monitor, approve, endorse or exert editorial control over these articles and does not therefore accept responsibility for or make any warranties in connection with or recommend that you or any third party rely on such information. The information available at ShareProphets.com is for your general information and use and is not intended to address your particular requirements. In particular, the information does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by ShareProphets.com and is not intended to be relied upon by users in making (or refraining from making) any investment decisions.
Search ShareProphets |
Stock market news |
Recent Comments |